Getting a late start, but here’s what we’ve got:
- NATO Helps in Hunt for Qaddafi as Rebels Gain Momentum (NYT) — The Daily Telegraph says that includes the SAS. Yes, British boots on the ground. They’ve been there for weeks, the paper says.
- Warren Buffett to invest $5 billion in Bank of America (Charlotte Observer) — Strangely, while this story tops the NYT and WSJ sites, it doesn’t even appear on the first screen on Charlotte’s. Maybe they know something the NY papers don’t… Even the BBC played it bigger…
- Apple shares fall as Jobs quits (BBC) — Interesting how we still believe in the Great Man theory, to the point of betting big money on it.
- Irene SC: Tropical storm watch in effect, 6 rescued in Myrtle Beach (Associated Press) — As points north up the coast brace themselves.
- Government backs down on plan to shut Twitter and Facebook in crises (Guardian) — We’ve heard how awesome social media are in toppling oppressive regimes. Now, a leading liberal democracy has to deal with what to do when they are used in mass criminal activity. The world is a complicated place.
- Vaccines generally safe, review finds (WashPost) — No link found to autism.