Here’s your Christmas Eve eve news:
- Justice rejects S.C. voter ID law (WashPost) — Looks like the SC GOP got some early coal in its stocking.
- Obama in tax victory over House (BBC) — That’s the way the Beeb sees it, anyway.
- Bomb Blasts Hit 2 Security Facilities in Syrian Capital (NYT) — The NYT says 30 killed; other sources go higher.
- Leaders honour Havel at funeral (BBC) — I felt like he got short shrift earlier in the week, with all the Kim Jong Il stuff. We should note the passing of a good guy.
- UK recession nears as services shrink (The Guardian) — Not good. Sorry, but I can’t run over there and help with some spending this time…
- Crossing the Delaware, More Accurately (NYT) — Nothing like a fun history piece. Well, history is fun to me, at least.