Not much local, but the rest of the world is busy:
- Crisis in Cyprus pushes E.U. toward rupture (WashPost) — Just to help you feel better about our economic situation. Not that this doesn’t hold the potential to pull us down with it…
- Obama Lays Out Case for Israel to Revive Peace Talks (NYT) — Interestingly, he’s not calling on Israel to halt settlements any more.
- Syria-Israel cease-fire is threatened, U.N. chief says (WashPost) — As though we didn’t have enough of a mess over there.
- Chumley will not pay back state plane costs (thestate.com) — Because, you know, we taxpayers are supposed to pick up the tab for his nullification crusade straight out of the 1830s.
- CIA Drone Operations Could Be Handed To Pentagon (NPR) — This is kind of old now, but important. I think it’s a good idea. What do y’all think?
- India passes sexual violence law (The Guardian) — Well, it’s about time. Talk about a country where there’s an actual “war on women” going on…