There’s enough real news out there today to put together a VFP without relaxing standards (this is so much better than the days when I had to do one for the dead-tree paper every day, whether there was news or not):
- Haley: Myers, Washington should resign after DUI arrests — You’ve got that right, governor. How about that — a local lede on the VFP.
- Graham: Swallow hard, back Cruz, stop Trump — No way, senator. Cruz is in his own way as bad as Trump, and you know it. You also know that Hillary would be preferable — to you, to me — than either of them, even though we’d both like to have a better alternative. Of course, I couldn’t care less about your party, but if you want to save it, you shouldn’t compromise further than Rubio. And yeah, I see the math you’re looking at (which shows Cruz as more viable). But even you should realize that sometimes a party isn’t worth saving, and that would be true if Republicans who know better turn to Cruz.
- Carson: ‘I do not see a political path forward’ after Super Tuesday results — Does that mean he saw one on Monday? Remarkable.
- Stop-Trump Forces Regroup After Rout — Actually, that’s too optimistic-sounding. “Regroup” suggests some sort of organization possessing a hierarchy and discipline, such as a military unit, coming together and, on the basis of their training, adapting to a new tactical situation. This is a bunch of disconnected rivals running around like freshly decapitated chickens.
- White House Said to Vet Appellate Judge for Supreme Court — They’re looking at someone else who, like Sandoval, was previously unanimously confirmed by the Senate. Meanwhile, the 8-member court looks to be divided over an abortion case.
- Frank Underwood would ‘take Trump down,’ says ‘House of Cards’ co-star — I had to bring in something to lighten the “mix,” and after all, Underwood et al. return on Friday. To do this, I had to push North Korea Slapped With Sanctions inside. But who actually thinks that’s going to do any good? And I’m told that my lady readers don’t care about throw-weights and stuff… It’s a joke! I’m trying to lighten the mix here!…