Yeah, I know I’ve used the above cartoon at this time of year before, but it’s a holiday favorite by my old friend Richard Crowson. Richard and I go way back.
Some possible topics:
- Russian foreign minister calls plane downing ‘planned provocation’ — Kinda scary. Or, as John Wayne said to Kirk Douglas in “In Harm’s Way,” “A lousy situation, Commander Eddington.”
- Tense but Peaceful Protests in Chicago After Video Release — I would certainly think the protests would be peaceful. If I’m a protester, I’m like, “I was really mad that the cops initially lied, but now the cop’s been charged and this video’s been released, so the system worked. I think I’ll go home and see what’s new on Netlix.” But then, that’s me. When I’m mad, I don’t take to the streets; I write.
- Black Friday Falters as Consumer Behaviors Change — One of those end-of-an-era-type stories.
- US activists to launch Guantánamo protest along camp’s perimeter — Again, we have my failure to get protesters. I mean, POTUS is trying like fun to close Gitmo, and has not succeeded because of very obvious obstacles, but will continue to try. So the protest expects to accomplish… what?
- Midlands family says home was targeted by people assuming members are Muslim — Sheesh. Like we need this. Someone in the story refers to the racist perps as “gentlemen.” Yeah. Like the “gentlemen” who frequent “gentlemen’s clubs?”
Or whatever y’all have…